Facebook has released its top 10 most popular games of 2011, and shockingly Zynga didn’t take the top prize. The list was assembled using data based on which game had the most active users and had the highest recommendations, and includes games built all over the globe.
It wasn’t a complete failure for the company that just went public, though. Zynga had four titles in the top 10, with Cityville in the #3 spot. Playdom, now a Disney company, took the top spot with Gardens of Time.
Most popular Facebook games in 2011:
1. Gardens of Time (By Playdom)
2. The Sims Social (By EA)
3. Cityville (By Zynga)
4. DoubleDown Casino (by DoubleDown Entertainment)
5. Indiana Jones Adventure World (By Zynga)
6. Words With Friends (By Zynga)
7. Bingo Blitz (By Buffalo Studios)
8. Empires & Allies (By Zynga)
9. Slotomania-Slot Machines (By Playtika)
10. Diamond Dash (By wooga)
Along with the top 10, the social network shared some statistics showing that Facebook gamers are engaged and come back for more, almost daily:
- Over 25% of monthly gamers play games at least every other day
- The average gamer plays games on over 50% of the days they visit Facebook
- The average gamer plays over 3 different gaming titles on Facebook each month
Zynga has quite a few executives who are extremely competitive, so not hitting #1 has to have some of them fuming. Better luck next year!