|This post is brought to you by Shutterstock – over 30 million stock photos, illustrations, vectors, and videos.|
The Makerbot Digitizer, a 3D Desktop Scanner prototype that analyzes real-world objects and generates designs compatible with its 3D printer line, is going on sale next week. The company fired off a mass email to its mailing list letting those who signed up know the device was almost ready for their grubby hands.
The email included a list of features to refresh your memory:
- Simple, yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models with just two clicks.
- Get a 3D digital design file in just minutes.
- No design skills, 3D modeling or CAD expertise required to get started.
- Outputs standard 3D design file formats that can be modified and improved in third-party 3D modeling programs, like Autodesk’s free software MeshMixer.
- Easily upload your unique scans directly to Thingiverse.com.
The message did not disclose pricing details.
Top Image Credit: Shutterstock