Just caught this tweet by David Crow:
2 iOS Developers / CTV / Toronto, ON, Canada http://bit.ly/aBf8PP
Which goes to a job pages with the following info:
2 iOS Developers Posted Oct 07
CTV , Toronto, ON, Canada
Posting Date: October 7, 2010
Closing Date: October 14, 2010
Position: 2 Web Developers (iOS focus), CTV Digital Media – CEP723M
Reference Number: SB-07102010
Location: CTV-299 Queen Street West, M5V 2Z5
Salary: Group G-Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
• Work on diverse mobile iPhone and iPad applications
• Helping develop, update and maintain existing code
• Other duties as assigned
• Develop mobile applications on the iPhone and iPad platforms
• Demonstrated ability to develop user-friendly applications
• An understanding of application scaling & caching strategies
• Exposure to C# .NET and MS SQL an asset
• Experience processing XML feeds and producing valid XHTML and XML output an asset
• Experience with Test Driven Development and/or unit testing an asset
• Experience with integrating 3rd party products such as Google Maps, Facebook, etc.
• Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
• Strong written and verbal skills
A new era of tech events has begun
We’re back in New York this November for the 4th edition of our growth-focused technology event.
Now, I don’t want to make too, too much of this, but after CityTV launched their iPad app , and that app got a lot of attention I think all the other broadcasters would be fools not to try to follow suit.
This is just a speculation on my part, gut feeling, but I’m willing to bet that CTV will have a video-focused iPad app out in the next few months