The struggling games firm is linking up with Japanese mobile operator Docomo to release an Android app that tethers smartphones with a Nintendo 3DS.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
The app will launch in Japan tomorrow, and it will only be compatible with seven new Docomo devices, none of which are currently available.
Here’s the initial line-up of supported smartphones and tablets:
- Samsung Galaxy S5, on sale from May 15
- Sony Xperia Z2, on sale from May 21
- Aquos Zeta, on sale from May 23
- Arrows NX, on sale from late-May
- Sony Xperia A2, on sale from mid-June
- Aquos Pad, on sale from mid-June
- Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, on sale from mid-June
Nintendo last week revealed more details of its plans for companion apps for its upcoming new Mario Kart title, which is due out on May 30. Like those apps, the Docomo collaboration will physically put the company on mobile app stores, but there are still no plans to bring its games to iOS or Android devices.
Image via Bryan Ochalla / Flickr