Document previews means you can now view, scroll, and zoom in or out of any Word document, PowerPoint presentation, or PDF in your Dropbox directly on your Android device without having to switch out of the Dropbox app. The search improvements include quite a bit: you can now search in specific folders or in your entire Dropbox, the app keeps track of your recent searches, it makes “typeahead” suggestions as you type in your searches, and also highlights the names of matching files or folders as you type your search.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
The full version 2.4.3 changelog is as follows:
- In-app previews of Word, PowerPoint and PDF files.
- New search experience that tracks recent queries and shows typeahead suggestions.
- View-only permissions for shared folders for Dropbox for Business users.
- Cache performance enhancements.
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements.
The third point is worth detailing: the app now has the ability to set shared folders to the view-only permission. This is exclusive to Dropbox for Business customers in the early access program, but it should be expanded when it’s ready.