20,000 tech-heads descend on Amsterdam
Join us and 20,000 others at our 12th edition of TNW Conference. 2-for-1 tickets available soon.
Firefox users on all platforms will happy to learn about the addition of the built-in PDF viewer, while Mac users will be pleased to note that the Firefox beta also adds supports Retina Display. Developers meanwhile will want to know that the new version supports standard W3C touch events in addition to MozTouch events, while security gurus will be interested to learn it can disable insecure content on HTTPS secure websites (must be enabled in about:config first).
The full Firefox 18 beta changelog is as follows:
- NEW: Support for Retina Display on OS X 10.7 and up.
- NEW: Preliminary support for WebRTC.
- NEW: Built-in PDF viewer.
- CHANGED: Experience better image quality with our new HTML scaling algorithm.
- CHANGED: Performance improvements around tab switching.
- DEVELOPER: CSS3 Flexbox implemented.
- DEVELOPER: Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio.
- DEVELOPER: Support for @supports added.
- DEVELOPER: Improvement in startup time through smart handling of signed extension certificates.
- HTML5: Support for W3C touch events impemented, taking the place of MozTouch events.
- FIXED: Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages (62178).
- FIXED: Improved responsiveness for users on proxies (769764).
Image credit: agmicro