Tumblr has updated its iOS and Android apps to bring a raft of new features which makes content creation and sharing easier, while the discovery process has also been aided to allow tag following and make blogs from friends easier to find.
Mobile users can now share and reblog posts that they read on their device faster, using an improved ‘Reblog’ button and ‘advanced sharing’ options, which distributes content to Twitter, email or opens in a browser. Tags can now be tracked for discovery, for example allowing you to keep up with all ‘iPhone’ tagged Tumblr blogs.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Blogs from Facebook and on-device contacts can also be found through the app, which has added new shortcuts and boasts revamped alerts that ping when a user has new likes, reblogs or follows.
The light blogging service reached 200 billion posts and 50 million blogs in March and the new app updates continue its focus on encouraging content and activity on mobile.
June saw it release a significantly revamped app, featuring high resolution images, a tie-in with Spotify and more, and it hasn’t stopped there. Earlier this week, Tumblr rolled out significant updates to its mobile interface.
The full list of features for Tumblr 3.1 for iOS is below:
- Messages: Send Fan Mail to your favourite blogs
- View tracked and featured tags
- Dashboard shortcuts
- Fast reblog (press and hold Reblog icon)
- Advanced post sharing (press and hold the Like icon)
- Onboarding: Your friends can now sign up directly through the app
- Find blogs: Browse our Spotlight, search your contacts and Facebook
- Alerts: Snazzy new treatment for Likes, Reblogs and Follows
Details for the updated Android app are also below:
- Post anything: Share photos, video, quotes, chats, links, and text. Bonus ‘create a post’ widget for your home screen.
- Advanced controls: Save drafts, queue posts, customize tweets, and more!
- Messages: View and reply to messages.
- Address book: Find people to follow from your address book.
- Multiple blogs: Seamlessly manage all of your blogs.
You can download the news apps at the links below:
Headline image via Flickr / joshwept