While I love the iOS, there’s something incredibly slick about the Windows Phone 7’s new Metro user interface (UI). Just like I enjoy changing the background image on my iPhone every few days because it feels like a new phone, I also like the idea of changing my iOS theme to resemble Windows Phone 7’s UI.
OS7 is a new iOS theme that brings the Windows Phone 7’s look to your iPhone or iPod touch. OS7 features two menus: the Live Tiles and the alphabetically sorted list of apps you have installed, just like WP7. The tile menu is customizable with easy scrolling in the alphabetical list; it features long-pressing. You can ‘pin’ apps in the start menu and remove them in the same way.
OS7 gives all your apps icons and the setup is amazingly simple, however it’s only available for jailbroken iPhones. But don’t blame the theme’s developer.
OS7 is currently in public beta.
1. Install Backboard from Cydia.
2. Make sure you have created a “Default” backup, if not, press the add button in Backboard and give it a name.
3. Go on your device and click on this link: backboard://http://wyndrepo.googleco…es/OS7Beta.zip
4. Press “Yes” and wait for it to download. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
5. Select OS7 from Backboard. Press Install. Respring.
Further details and installation instructions are available in this thread on ModMyi.
Also watch this demo video: