TNW Quick Hit
TwitWebSurf for iPad is a scrollable, multi-paged web browser, with added Twitter functionality.
Love It: Can view 5 web pages simply by scrolling and keep up with Twitter feed as well.
A new era of tech events has begun
We’re back in New York this November for the 4th edition of our growth-focused technology event.
Hate It: Can only use one Twitter account at a time, and icons sometimes failed to work.
TwitWebSurf for iPad (free) is a multi-paged web browser with capabilities optimized for the official Twitter site.
Through the app you can swipe between 5 web pages, with your bookmarks imported from those you’ve bookmarked through Google Bookmarks.
Once the app is launched, you’ll notice the following icons on the bottom of the screen:
- TimeLine You Follow – New Tweets automatically update.
- @Mentions to You – See them as they happen.
- Your Own Tweets – All of your Tweets collected in a single place
- A List You Follow – Also automatically updated
- Retweets – Retweets of your tweets, automatically updated
- Direct messages – Automatically updated
- Google – Surf to any WebSite, and Tweet about it! Page Title and goo.gl shortened URL automatically copy to the embedded Tweet panel
Additionally, the app provides:
- Full functionality provided by the official Twitter site, no API bugs, inconsistencies or limitations.
- Multi-Touch experience of Safari Browser, including Pinch Zoom in/out, Copy and Paste, etc.
- Tweet anytime from the application’s embedded Tweet pane
- Quote of original message automatically copies to Tweet panel along with shortened URL of the Tweet when you Reply
- Webpage title automatically copies to Tweet panel along with shortened URL of the site when you Tweet a WebSite
- Realtime Tab-Bar Notification (with Sound) for New @Mentions and Direct Messages
- Easily switch between StandardMode and MobileMode of the Twitter site
- No server-side process by the application. Your log-in information is strictly handled by only the Twitter Website and the build-in Safari browser cookie
TwitWebSurf, bad name, even worse opening screen (it frightened me), is a nice app for web browsing and Twitter management. One warning, it can be buggy, but for a free, multi-paged, web browsing alternative with added Twitter functionality, it is worth trying and won’t cost you a dime.