Apple has released OS X Mavericks version 10.9.1 with a set of fixes intended to address continuing complications with the Mail app. The official support document for 10.9.1 is supposed to be located here, but the page isn’t working for us at the moment.
For those of you with the latest Retina MacBook Pros, Apple has released a separate update that includes “system specific enhancements” focused on stability and compatibility.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Here are the changes listed in Software Update:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for user with custom Gmail settings.
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji.
- Updates Shared Links periodical when open in the Safari Sidebar
See also: OS X Mavericks Review
Thumbnail image credit: Spencer Platt / Getty Images