Apple’s recently opened Hong Kong store is not your average Apple location as this video of its launch from M.I.C. Gadget shows.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Here are some need to know stats about the store:
- It is Apple’s most expensive store…anywhere in the world
- It occupies 15,000 sq/ft of floor space, taking up two levels of the 4.7 million sq/ft IFC mall
- The store is anticipating 40,000-plus visitors a day, that is four times the average footfall of stores in the US
- Apple has the space on a 10 year lease, at an estimated $9.4 million per year
- The company spent in excess of $20 million on construction and development for the store
Apple’s Shanghai store is impressive too, and the existence of both stores is testament to the success Apple is enjoying in Asia, and particularly amongst the increasingly affluent Chinese population .
The store and Apple’s huge efforts to create a flagship for its brand in China is likely to push back on the city-state’s ‘gray market’ for counterfeit Apple products. Not only is the store decadently impressive, it is in a prime real estate position to attract Hong Kong natives, travelling Chinese and other gadget enthusiasts to try out genuine products and experience the Apple brand.