Steve Jobs begins his “one more thing” moment with news of an update to Apple TV.
- People want Hollywood movies & TV shows
- everything in HD
- lower prices for content
- people don’t want a computer on their TV (can you hear the cries of pain from geeks across the world?)
- people don’t want to manage storage
- don’t want to have to sync.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
- All about Movies, TV, Shows.
- All HD when contents available.
- No purchases on Apple TV, all rentals. 99c for HD Rentals. (Fox and ABC only at the moment)
- Netflix to Apple TV connect (ok, this is pretty cool)
- Flickr and Mobile Me connection.
- Streaming, no sync.
- Includes: power, hdmi, ethernet and wifi.
- Includes Rotten Tomatoes integration to browse movies by actor, director, review etc.
- Streaming from iOS devices using Airplay (Stream audio, video & photos over wifi from your iPad). Yes, iPad and iPhone remote for your TV.
Cost: $99. Big step forward, and available in 4 weeks, pre-ordering begins today.
Update: Ok, the title is a little harsh but lets face it, we were all hoping for bigger things – namely a competitor to Google TV – hasn’t happened.