After a number of different attempts monetizing the site, what eventually stuck was offering businesses the opportunity to sponsor DF’s RSS feed for one week – its been sold out ever since. Clearly, as a blogger, that immediately made me consider it worthwhile at least trying the approach out on one of TNW’s channels, appropriately TNW Apple.
So without further ado, very much in beta, a similar format to Gruber’s but with a little social media twist – these are different times after all, reading just from RSS readers isn’t quite as common as it once was.
What you’ll get:
- One post on a Monday introducing yourselves
- A tweet and Facebook post on Friday thanking you for sponsoring TNW Apple.
- 125×125 ad will appear in the TNW Apple sidebar for one week
- 468 x 60 ad will appear at the foot of posts in the RSS feed
- Estimated monthly web page views: 600,000
- Estimated RSS feed readers 24,000
- @TNWapple Twitter followers (at time of writing) 2911
- Sponsorship is exclusive. Only one sponsor per week.
Do share your thoughts on the idea too. This isn’t necessarily a permanent fixture, but something worth trying all the same.