“Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT (check here for your time) on Saturday, June 13, you’ll be able to choose a username on a first-come, first-serve basis for your profile and the Facebook Pages that you administer by visiting www.facebook.com/username/. You’ll also see a notice on your home page with instructions for obtaining your username at that time.”
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
A few important points to prepare for:
- Your username must be at least five characters in length
- Only include alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9), or a period or full stop (“.”).
- Usernames are currently available only for Romanized text.
- Once it’s been selected, you won’t be able to change or transfer it.
- If you signed up for a Facebook Page after May 31 or a user profile after today at 3 p.m. EDT, you may not be able to sign up for a username immediately because of steps Facebook has taken to prevent abuse or “squatting” on names.
Let the Great Username Grab of June 2009 begin.
Read next: A Day in the Cloud Challenge