“Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT (check here for your time) on Saturday, June 13, you’ll be able to choose a username on a first-come, first-serve basis for your profile and the Facebook Pages that you administer by visiting www.facebook.com/username/. You’ll also see a notice on your home page with instructions for obtaining your username at that time.”
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
A few important points to prepare for:
- Your username must be at least five characters in length
- Only include alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9), or a period or full stop (“.”).
- Usernames are currently available only for Romanized text.
- Once it’s been selected, you won’t be able to change or transfer it.
- If you signed up for a Facebook Page after May 31 or a user profile after today at 3 p.m. EDT, you may not be able to sign up for a username immediately because of steps Facebook has taken to prevent abuse or “squatting” on names.
Let the Great Username Grab of June 2009 begin.
Read next: A Day in the Cloud Challenge