The first annual Twitter awards were held last week at Fabric in London with a host of
well known Twitterati picking up awards.
The Golden Twits is a side project from the advertising and media online magazine, The Drum and was also broadcasted live online.
Twitter and social media awards seem to be increasing in popularity as social networks and technology have provided easier access to vote and experience the ceremonies.
Mashable’s Open Web Awards has lead the way from a social media perspective over the last 3 years but it’s great to see dedicated Twitter awards come through and particularly to London and the UK.
With a wide range of categories that well represented the many uses the service can provide, some of the more high profile winners can be found below and a full list can be found here over at GoldenTwits.com.
- Public Vote – Manchester City FC
- Applications – Twibbon
- Business to Consumer – Compare the Meerket
- Celebrity – Duncan Bannatyne
- Corporate Individual – Alan Rusbridger (Editor in Chief of Guardian Newspapers)
- Private Individual – Dave_Thomson84 and Edwhitfield
- Weird – @tempestdevyne
- Customer Service – The Carphone Warehouse
Is there a UK based Twitter account you think should have been recognised? Let us know!
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.