We’ve been big fans of that right side panel in the New Twitter since its release. With the addition of streaming iTunes previews, we were impressed. With the latest additions, we’re floored:
- blip.tv: Watch more than 50,000 independently-produced Web TV shows.
- Instagram: View mobile photos, personalized with Instagram’s colorful filters.
- Rdio: When a subscriber Tweets out a song, you can listen to full-length songs right inside the details pane, for the first time ever.
- SlideShare: Read and share entire presentations, directly on Twitter.
- Dipdive: See photos, videos and new works from Dipdive’s community of artists.
As Twitter says, in its blog:
We’re on a mission to give you more great multimedia content on Twitter, and today we’re adding five new companies to bring you independent TV shows, photos, works of art, slide presentations and entire songs, all right inside the details pane.
In full, you’ll now see content from over 20 partners. However, the addition of Instagram, Rdio and the other ones featured in the blog are huge. As we’ve said, the New Twitter really does give dedicated Twitter clients such as HootSuite and TweetDeck a run for their money. Now, if we could add a request, we’d still love to have multiple account support, please.
This post is part of our contributor series. The views expressed are the author's own and not necessarily shared by TNW.