TNW Online Events – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of tickets for online events organised by TNW and its affiliates.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TNW regarding the online registration and purchasing of a ticket for an Event, including these terms and conditions.
Consumer: a natural person whose actions are not carried out for objectives relating to the course of a trade, a profession or a business;
Event: an online event organised by TNW which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the access link provided in an email sent to You before the Event. The Event can be accessed live.
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of TNW Events.
Ticket: electronic tickets for an Event.
TNW: TNW Events B.V. having its registered office at (1076 ER) Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Burgerweeshuispad 101, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 63750120 and its affiliated companies;
VAT: Value Added Tax.
Website: the TNW websites, including – but not limited to – https://thenextweb.com/ and any other website used by TNW at any time.
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with TNW by purchasing a Ticket and/or registering for an Event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TNW. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TNW in writing. By purchasing a Ticket or registering for an Event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TNW has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thenextweb.com/terms-and-conditions/
3. If You are registering on behalf of another person You are obliged to inform this person about these Terms and Conditions and arrange for acceptance
Conclusion of Agreement
4. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TNW for the purchase of a Ticket. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name and email address (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions. For more information about the different kind of Tickets consult the Website: https://thenextweb.com/conference/tickets
5. After clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You will receive an automatically generated confirmation email. Please note that the confirmation email can be in your spam or maybe blocked by a spam filter You use. The email with the access link will be provided before the Event.
6. By submitting registration details, You agree to allow TNW to contact You as required for the organisation and administration of the Event. . If TNW cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data entered by You on the order form, TNW may cancel the reservation.
Payment of registration fees
7. Payment must be done in Euro’s. Prices will always be listed with and without VAT or local taxes, if applicable.
8. TNW has the right to cancel your Ticket when You don’t meet the payment deadline.
9. If You, not being a Consumer, do not pay within the agreed payment term or direct debit for whatever reason is unable, or not fully carried out, You are legally in default – without requirement of a notice of default – from the invoice date and You are due an interest of 1% per month on the outstanding amount with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euros) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US, excluding VAT, without prejudice to any further rights accruing to TNW.
10. In case of payment default, all judicial costs and extrajudicial collection costs incurred by TNW in order to achieve fulfillment of the obligation are borne by You. The extrajudicial collection costs amount to 15% of the outstanding invoice amount excluding VAT, with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euros) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US charged to You, without prejudice to TNW’s further rights to compensation.
11. If You are a Consumer You are only in default and liable for extrajudicial costs in the situations stated in provision 10 after having been given notice to comply with a notice period of fourteen (14) days starting from the receipt of the demand and You do not meet the demand for payment.
Transfer and Refund policy
12. If You are unable to attend the Event You are allowed to transfer your Ticket to a third party or inform TNW of the decision to cancel the Ticket in order to receive a refund by filling out this form https://tnw.typeform.com/to/x6ttWh.
13. You are allowed to cancel the purchase of a Ticket within fourteen (14) days after purchase. Tickets purchased within a fourteen (14) day range from the Event are non-refundable. Tickets that are obtained with a discount are by definition non-refundable. Refunds are subject to a €50,- (fifty euro) processing fee.
Please note: different refund policies may apply depending on the type of ticket you purchased. You can reach out to us via the live chat accessible at the bottom right corner of the page or send us an email at [email protected] to cancel your Ticket or if you need more information regarding our refund policies.
14. You may transfer your registration to another person at any date twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Event, by assigning your Ticket to someone else using the link that is provided in the confirmation email.
15. Please note that the Tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Tickets for commercial gain (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Tickets with immediate effect and without refund.
Changes or cancellation of the Events
16. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the Event. In the highly unlikely case of rescheduling of an Event, TNW will provide You with an access link to the Event at a later date. No refunds will be provided to You if the Event is rescheduled.
17. TNW reserves the right to make changes to the Events at a date less than one week before the Event if there is a justified reason to do so, for example if an Event speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while Event speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TNW may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the Event speakers and/or topics. As such, TNW reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised Event speakers and/or topics at any time without any liability to You whatsoever. No refunds will be provided to You if the Event is changed.
18. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to cancel the Event. The total aggregate liability to You is limited to a reimbursement of the fee.
19. TNW is not responsible for any expenditure, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an Event.
20. TNW maintains House Rules applicable to all attendees of an Event, including You. These House Rules form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The House Rules can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://thenextweb.com/conference/code-of-conduct
21. The possession of a Ticket or admission to an Event does not grant you permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TNW, its affiliates or any third party, such as other attendees, sponsors or Event speakers.
User Generated Content
22. The Event website may allow for questions to be posted to Event speakers and for other forms of user generated content (“UGC”). TNW does not guarantee that all questions posted during an Event will be answered.
23. If You post any UGC on the Event website, you are granting TNW a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to You. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
24. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that:
- is not your own original work;
- containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or personally attacks any Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Event.
Photography and Recordings
25. An Event may be recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees). All Event sessions will be recorded. If You do not consent to being recorded, you can choose not to actively participate in the Event session or choose to leave the Event.
26. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Event website, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by TNW.
27. TNW, and any third party licensed by TNW, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from an Event, which may feature images, name, voice and words of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs and without any further approval from You or any payment to You.
28. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
Event Application Profile
30. The Event website may contain links to third party websites and contributions. Please note that TNW is not responsible for the practices of these third parties. We advise You to assess the terms and conditions of these third parties before using their website or viewing their contributions.
Access to or Participation in the Event and Liability
31. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in the Event.
32. TNW reserves the right to refuse your participation to or remove access to the Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable such as any behavior that could disrupt, hinder or cause nuisance or a security risk to the Event, or if You breach the House Rules or any of the Terms and Conditions without any liability to You or an obligation to refund.
33. Views expressed by Event speakers are their own and TNW disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed in connection with an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
34. TNW is solely liable towards You, not being a Consumer, for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TNW’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Ticket for the Event.
36. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
37. TNW may update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force after they are announced via the Website.
38. If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact [email protected]
Governing law & disputes
39. The Agreement between You and TNW, these Terms and Conditions and the House Rules shall be exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands
43. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the House Rules will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.