TNW Hybrid Events – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of passes for hybrid events organised by TNW and its affiliates.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TNW regarding the online registration and purchasing of a pass for a Hybrid Event, including these terms and conditions;
Business Pass: electronic pass that gives access to the in-person part AND the digital part of the Hybrid Event organised by TNW;
Digital Event: a digital event organised by TNW with networking opportunities, which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the access link provided in an email sent to You before the Digital Event. A Digital Event can be accessed live;
Digital only Pass: electronic pass that gives access to the digital part of the Hybrid Event organised by TNW;
Hybrid Event: a combination of a Digital Event and In-person Event organised by TNW which can be accessed in person and through desktop or mobile devices using the access link provided in an email sent to You before the Hybrid Event. Access to the Hybrid Event depends on the pass type You have purchased;
In-person Event: in-person event organised by TNW with networking opportunities, which can be accessed in person;
Pass: a Digital only Passt and a Business Pass together;
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of TNW Hybrid Events;
TNW: TNW Events B.V. having its registered office at (1076 ER) Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Burgerweeshuispad 101, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 63750120 and its affiliated companies;
VAT: Value Added Tax;
Website: the TNW websites, including – but not limited to – https://thenextweb.com/ and any other website used by TNW at any time;
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with TNW by purchasing a Pass and/or registering for a Hybrid Event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TNW. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TNW in writing. By purchasing a Pass or registering for a Hybrid Event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TNW has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thenextweb.com/terms-and-conditions/
3. If You are registering on behalf of another person You are obliged to inform this person about these Terms and Conditions and arrange for acceptance.
Conclusion of Agreement
4. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TNW for the purchase of a Pass. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name and email address; and (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please inform us of any special access requirements at the time of the purchase of your Pass.
5. By submitting registration details, You agree to allow TNW to contact You as required for the organisation and administration of the Hybrid Event. If TNW cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data entered by You on the order form, TNW may cancel the reservation.
Payment of Pass and registration fee
6. The prices for a Pass are listed on TNW with and without local VAT or local taxes, if applicable. Payment must be done in Euros.
7. You must pay the registration fee prior to the start of the Hybrid Event at the venue. TNW can ask for on the spot online payment in case no fees are received yet. There are no sales at the door of the Hybrid Event venue.
8. When You register a Pass and choose the ‘pay later’ option, You’ll be obliged to pay the invoice within twenty-eight (28) days of the invoice date for the Hybrid Event.
9. TNW has the right to cancel your Pass when You don’t meet the payment deadline.
Transfer and Refund policy
10. If You are unable to attend the Hybrid Event You are allowed to transfer your Pass to a third party. You can transfer Your Pass to a third party by using the link that is provided in the confirmation email. TNW will not refund your Pass if You are unable to attend.
11. Please note that the Passes purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Passes for commercial gain (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Passes with immediate effect and without refund.
12. You are allowed to cancel the purchase of a Pass within fourteen (14) days after purchase by filling out this form https://tnw.typeform.com/to/x6ttWh. Passes purchased within a fourteen (14) days range from the Hybrid Event are non-refundable. Refunds are subject to a €50,- (fifty euro) processing fee.
Changes or cancellation of the Hybrid Event
13. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the Hybrid Event. In the highly unlikely case of rescheduling the digital part of an Hybrid Event, TNW will provide You with an access link to the Hybrid Event at a later date. No refunds will be provided to You if the Hybrid Event is rescheduled.
14. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to cancel the In-person part of the Hybrid Event. If You purchased a Business Pass, TNW will provide you a refund for the in-person part of the Hybrid Event. No refunds will be provided to You if You purchased a Digital only Pass or a package deal such as a Startup Program. The value for a Digital only Pass and the digital part of the Business Pass is fixed at €250,-. In case You have purchased multiple Business Passes in the same order the refund per Pass, in case the In-person part of the Hybrid Event is cancelled, will be calculated as follows: average price paid per Business Pass in the same order minus €250,-.
15. TNW reserves the right to make changes to the Hybrid Event if there is a justified reason to do so, for example if a Hybrid Event speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while Hybrid Event speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TNW may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the Hybrid Event speakers and/or topics. As such, TNW reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised Hybrid Event speakers and/or topics at any time without any liability to You whatsoever. No refunds will be provided to You if the Hybrid Event is changed.
16. TNW is not responsible for any expenditure, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of a Hybrid Event.
17. TNW maintains House Rules applicable to all attendees of a Hybrid Event, including You. These House Rules form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The House Rules can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://thenextweb.com/conference/code-of-conduct
18. TNW preserves the right to refuse Your admission to the Hybrid Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable, or if You breach the Code of Conduct or breach any of the Terms and Conditions.
19. If You are under the age of 18 You are not allowed to visit the in-person part of the Hybrid Event venue before, during or after a Hybrid Event, unless permission is provided by TNW under the conditions set by TNW.
20. The possession of a Pass or admission to a Hybrid Event does not grant You permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TNW, its affiliates or any third party, such as other attendees, sponsors or Hybrid Event speakers.
User Generated Content
21. The digital part of the Hybrid Event may allow for questions to be posted to Hybrid Event speakers and for other forms of user generated content (“UGC”). TNW does not guarantee that all questions posted during a Hybrid Event will be answered.
22. If You post any UGC on the Hybrid Event website, You are granting TNW a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay You for this and with or without attribution to You. This means that You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC You publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to You. You also waive any moral rights that You may have in regard to the UGC.
23. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that:
- is not your own original work;
- containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or personally attacks any Hybrid Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Hybrid Event.
Photography and Recordings
24. A Hybrid Event may be filmed and/or recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees), and You must inform the photographer(s) at the Hybrid Event if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group footage or photographs All Hybrid Event sessions will be recorded. If You do not consent to being recorded, You can choose not to actively participate in the Hybrid Event session or choose to leave the Hybrid Event.
25. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Hybrid Event website, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Hybrid Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by TNW.
26. TNW, and any third party licensed by TNW, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from a Hybrid Event, which may feature images, name, voice and words of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs and without any further approval from You or any payment to You.
27. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
Wristband and badge scanning
28. For security reasons and to allow access to the in-person part of the Hybrid Event, You must wear your Hybrid Event wristband and badge throughout the Hybrid Event. If your HybridEvent wristband is lost, You will not be able to access the Hybrid Event anymore.
HybridEvent Application Profile
31. The Hybrid Event website may contain links to third party websites and contributions. Please note that TNW is not responsible for the practices of these third parties. We advise You to assess the terms and conditions of these third parties before using their website or viewing their contributions.
Access to or Participation in the Hybrid Event and Liability
32. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in the Hybrid Event.
33. TNW reserves the right to refuse your participation to or remove access to the Hybrid Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable such as any behavior that could disrupt, hinder or cause nuisance or a security risk to the Hybrid Event, or if You breach the House Rules or any of the Terms and Conditions without any liability to You or an obligation to refund.
34. Views expressed by the Hybrid Event speakers are their own and TNW disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during a Hybrid Event. Materials distributed in connection with a Hybrid Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
35. TNW is solely liable towards You for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TNW’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Pass for the Hybrid Event.
37. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
38. TNW may update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force after they are announced via the Website.
39. If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact [email protected].
Governing law & disputes
40. The Agreement between You and TNW, these Terms and Conditions and the House Rules shall be exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
41. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the House Rules will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.