TNW Events – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of tickets for TNW events and the terms and conditions for the attendance at the events organized by TNW.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TNW regarding the purchasing of a ticket and/or the registration for an Event, including these Terms and Conditions.
Consumer: a natural person whose actions are not carried out for objectives relating to the course of a trade, a profession or a business;
Event: any event organized by TNW.
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of TNW Events.
Ticket: the document that serves as an admission ticket for an Event, including electronic tickets.
TNW: TNW Events B.V. having its registered office at (1017 AZ) Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Singel 542, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 63750120;
Value Added Tax: VAT.
Website: the TNW websites, including – but not limited to – https://thenextweb.com/ and any other website used by TNW at any time.
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with TNW by purchasing a Ticket and/or registrating for an Event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TNW. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TNW in writing. By purchasing a Ticket or registering for an Event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TNW has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thenextweb.com/tos/
Conclusion of Agreement
3. By clicking the button “Pay” or “Finish order” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TNW for the purchase of a Ticket. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form, (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. If the data entered by on the order form is not correct or TNW has doubt about the validity or correctness of the data, TNW may contact You with the help of the data entered by You. If TNW cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data, TNW may cancel the reservation .
Number of Tickets
5. TNW preserves the right to limit the number of Tickets You can buy or reserve for an Event. The maximum number of Tickets You can buy per Event is determined by TNW per Event and will be published on the Event page.
Payment of registration fees
6. You must pay the registration fee prior to the start of the Event at the venue. TNW can ask for on the spot online payment in case no fees are received yet. There is no sales at the door of the venue.
7. When you register a Ticket and choose the ‘pay later’ option, you’ll be obliged to pay the invoice within twenty-eight (28) days of the invoice date for any Event;
8. Payment must be done in Euro’s or in Dollars depending on which TNW entity is organizing the Event. Prices will always be listed with and without VAT or local taxes if applicable.
9. TNW has the right to cancel your Ticket when You don’t meet the payment deadline.
10. If You, not being a Consumer, do not pay within the agreed payment term or direct debit for whatever reason is unable, or not fully carried out, You are legally in default – without requirement of a notice of default – from the invoice date and You are due an interest of 1% per month on the outstanding amount with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euro’s) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US, excluding VAT, without prejudice to any further rights accruing to TNW.
11. In case of payment default, all judicial costs and extrajudicial collection costs incurred by TNW in order to achieve fulfillment of the obligation are borne by You. The extrajudicial collection costs amount to 15% of the outstanding invoice amount excluding VAT, with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euro’s) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US charged to You, without prejudice to TNW’s further rights to compensation.
12, If You are a Consumer You are only in default and liable for extrajudicial costs in the situations stated in provision 12 after having been given notice to comply with a notice period of fourteen (14) days starting from the receipt of the demand and You do not meet the demand for payment.
Delivery of Tickets & Risk
13. After clicking the button “Pay” or “Finish order” on the Website You will receive an automatically generated confirmation e-mail. Please note that the confirmation e-mail can be in your spam or maybe blocked by a spamfilter You use.
14. You bare the risk of loss, theft, misappropriation or damage of the Ticket after TNW has sent the confirmation e-mail with the Ticket. TNW therefore advises You to save the confirmation e-mail carefully and if You have not received the confirmation e-mail within 24 (twenty-four) hours to contact TNW:
Phone: +31 20 489 5779
15. Any delivery times specified by TNW will never be regarded as a deadline, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Cancellation and refund policy
16. If You have to cancel your attendance at an Event in Europe for any reason You must notify TNW in writing (or via e-mail). Refunds are subject to a € 100 (one hundred Euro) processing fee. Cancellations received 2 weeks before the Event or later are non-refundable.
17. The cancellation and refund policy for Europe also applies for the United States with the exception that the processing fee is $ 100 (one hundred Dollar).
18. You may transfer your registration to another person at any date twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Event, by assigning your Ticket to someone else using the link that is provided in the confirmation email.
19. Please note that the Tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Tickets (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Tickets with immediate effect and without refund.
20. TNW is not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substittution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an Event. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the Event at least one (1) week prior to the Event. In the case of rescheduling of an Event, You may return your Ticket(s) before a deadline set by TNW, however, preferably immediately after the announcement of the new Event date. After the deadline has expired, TNW will not be obligated to reimburse any registration fees.
21. TNW reserves the right to make changes to the Events at a date less than one week before the Event if there is a justified reason to do so, such as unexpected problem with the venue, or if a speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TNW may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, TNW reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to You whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on the TNW Website as soon as possible.
22. TNW maintains a Code of Conduct applicable to all attendees of an Event, including You. This Code of Conduct forms an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The Code of Conduct can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://thenextweb.com/conference/code-of-conduct
23. Aforementioned Code of Conduct is also available at the Event venue at the TNW information desk.
24. TNW preserves the right to refuse Your admission to the Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable, or if You breach the Code of Conduct or breach any of the Terms and Conditions.
25. If You are under the age of 18 You are not allowed to visit the Event venue before, during or after an Event, unless permission is provided by TNW under the conditions set by TNW.
26. The possession of a Ticket or admission to an Event does not grant you permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TNW or any third party, such as other guests or speakers at an Event.
27. TNW is solely liable for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TNW’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Ticket for the Event.
28. You consent to film and sound recording as attendee at an Event.
29. TNW treats all personal data provided by You in accordance with the applicable privacy laws and regulations. For more information regarding the use and security of personal data see: https://thenextweb.com/privacy-statement/
30. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
31. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force thirty (30) days from the day they are announced via the Website.
Governing law & disputes
32. The Agreements between You and TNW, these Terms and Conditions, the Code of Conduct are exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
33. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the Code of Conduct will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.