TNW Events – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of tickets for TNW events and the terms and conditions for the attendance at the events organized by TNW and its affiliates.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TNW regarding the online registration and purchasing of a ticket for an Event, including these terms and conditions.
Consumer: a natural person whose actions are not carried out for objectives relating to the course of a trade, a profession or a business;
Event: any event organized by TNW as mentioned on the Website.
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of TNW Events.
Ticket: the document that serves as an admission ticket for an Event, including electronic tickets.
TNW: TNW Events B.V. having its registered office at (1076 ER) Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Burgerweeshuispad 101, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 63750120 and its affiliated companies;
VAT: Value Added Tax.
Website: the TNW websites, including – but not limited to – https://thenextweb.com/ and any other website used by TNW at any time.
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with TNW by purchasing a Ticket and/or registrating for an Event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TNW. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TNW in writing. By purchasing a Ticket or registering for an Event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TNW has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thenextweb.com/tos/
Conclusion of Agreement
3. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TNW for the purchase of a Ticket. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name, email address and company name (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions. For more information about the different kind of Tickets consult the Website: https://thenextweb.com/conference/tickets
Please inform us of any special access requirements at the time of the purchase of your Ticket.
4. If the data entered by on the order form is not correct or TNW has doubt about the validity or correctness of the data, TNW may contact You with the help of the data entered by You. If TNW cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data, TNW may cancel the reservation .
Number of Tickets
5. TNW preserves the right to limit the number of Tickets You can buy or reserve for an Event. The maximum number of Tickets You can buy per Event is determined by TNW per Event and will be published on the Event page.
Payment of registration fees
6. You must pay the registration fee prior to the start of the Event at the venue. TNW can ask for on the spot online payment in case no fees are received yet. There is no sales at the door of the venue.
7. When you register a Ticket and choose the ‘pay later’ option, you’ll be obliged to pay the invoice within twenty-eight (28) days of the invoice date for any Event;
8. Payment must be done in Euro’s. Prices will always be listed with and without VAT or local taxes, if applicable.
9. TNW has the right to cancel your Ticket when You don’t meet the payment deadline.
10. If You, not being a Consumer, do not pay within the agreed payment term or direct debit for whatever reason is unable, or not fully carried out, You are legally in default – without requirement of a notice of default – from the invoice date and You are due an interest of 1% per month on the outstanding amount with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euro’s) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US, excluding VAT, without prejudice to any further rights accruing to TNW.
11. In case of payment default, all judicial costs and extrajudicial collection costs incurred by TNW in order to achieve fulfillment of the obligation are borne by You. The extrajudicial collection costs amount to 15% of the outstanding invoice amount excluding VAT, with a minimum of € 40 (forty Euro’s) or $ 40 (forty dollar) for the US charged to You, without prejudice to TNW’s further rights to compensation.
12. If You are a Consumer You are only in default and liable for extrajudicial costs in the situations stated in provision 12 after having been given notice to comply with a notice period of fourteen (14) days starting from the receipt of the demand and You do not meet the demand for payment.
Delivery of Tickets & Risk
13. After clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You will receive an automatically generated confirmation e-mail. Please note that the confirmation e-mail can be in your spam or maybe blocked by a spamfilter You use.
14. You bare the risk of loss, theft, misappropriation or damage of the Ticket after TNW has sent the confirmation e-mail with the Ticket. TNW therefore advises You to save the confirmation e-mail carefully and if You have not received the confirmation e-mail within 24 (twenty-four) hours to contact TNW:
E-mail: [email protected]
15. Any delivery times specified by TNW will never be regarded as a deadline, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
16. If you are unable to attend TNW Conference You may, depending on the Event and Ticket, transfer your registration to another person at any date twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Event, by assigning your Ticket to someone else using the link that is provided in the confirmation email.
17. Please note that the Tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Tickets (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Tickets with immediate effect and without refund. You will not be able to attend the Event.
18. If You are unable to attend the Event You are allowed to transfer your Ticket to a third party or inform TNW of the decision to cancel the Ticket in order to receive a refund by filling out this form https://tnw.typeform.com/to/x6ttWh as detailed below.
19. You are allowed to cancel the purchase of a Ticket up to four (4) calendar weeks before the Event takes place. Except for Tickets that are sold with a discount, You receive a reimbursement of the fee. Refunds are subject to a €50,- (fifty euro) processing fee. Cancellations received after that period are non-refundable.
20. In case the event is of no value to you, you can get a full refund of your ticket at the first day of the Event until 12.00 hrs by going to Boris or Patrick at the registration desk.
21. In addition, a Customer is allowed to cancel the purchase of a Ticket within fourteen (14) days after the date of purchase of the Ticket. The Customer receives a reimbursement of the fee after informing TNW in writing of the decision to cancel the Ticket.
Please note: different refund policies may apply depending on the type of ticket you purchased. You can reach out to us via the live chat accessible at the bottom right corner of the page or send us an email at [email protected] to cancel your attendance or if you need more information regarding our refund policies.
22. You may transfer your registration to another person at any date twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Event, by assigning your Ticket to someone else using the link that is provided in the confirmation email.
23. Please note that the Tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Tickets (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Tickets with immediate effect and without refund.
24. TNW is not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substittution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an Event. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the Event at least one (1) week prior to the Event. In the case of rescheduling of an Event, You may return your Ticket(s) before a deadline set by TNW, however, preferably immediately after the announcement of the new Event date. After the deadline has expired, TNW will not be obligated to reimburse any registration fees.
25. TNW reserves the right to make changes to the Events at a date less than one week before the Event if there is a justified reason to do so, such as unexpected problem with the venue, or if a speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TNW may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, TNW reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to You whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on the TNW Website as soon as possible.
26. “TNW maintains House Rules applicable to all attendees of an Event, including You. These House Rules form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The House Rules can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://thenextweb.com/conference/code-of-conduct
27. Aforementioned House Rules is also available at the Event venue at the TNW information desk.
28. TNW preserves the right to refuse Your admission to the Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable, or if You breach the Code of Conduct or breach any of the Terms and Conditions.
29. If You are under the age of 18 You are not allowed to visit the Event venue before, during or after an Event, unless permission is provided by TNW under the conditions set by TNW.
30. The possession of a Ticket or admission to an Event does not grant> you permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TNW or any third party, such as other guests or speakers at an Event.
31. An Event may be filmed and recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees), and You must inform the photographer(s) at the Event if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group footage or photographs.
32. TNW, and any third party licensed by TNW, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from an Event, which may feature images of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
33. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
34. Without the express prior written permission of TNW, You may not bring any audio or video recording devices (except for personal cell phones) into the Event.
Wristband and badge scanning
35. For security reasons and to allow access to the Event, You must wear your Event wristband and badge throughout the Event. If your Event wristband is lost, You will not be able to access the Event anymore.
Attendance at an Event and Liability
37. You are responsible for arranging an appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at an Event.
38. TNW is solely liable towards You, not being a Consumer, for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TNW’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Ticket for the Event.
40. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
41. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force thirty (30) days from the day they are announced via the Website.
Governing law & disputes
42. The Agreements between You and TNW, these Terms and Conditions, the Code of Conduct are exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
43. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the Code of Conduct will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.