TNW in-person Events – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of tickets for TNW events and the terms and conditions for the attendance at the events organized by TNW and its affiliates.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TNW regarding the online registration and purchasing of a pass for an In-person Event, including these terms and conditions;
In-person Event: an In-person event organized by TNW as mentioned on the Website;
Pass: the document that serves as an admission pass for an In-person Event, including electronic passes;
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of TNW In-person Events;
TNW: TNW Events B.V. having its registered office at (1076 ER) Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Burgerweeshuispad 101, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 63750120 and its affiliated companies;
VAT: Value Added Tax;
Website: the TNW websites, including – but not limited to – https://thenextweb.com/ and any other website used by TNW at any time;
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with TNW by purchasing a Pass and/or registering for an In-person Event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TNW. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TNW in writing. By purchasing a Pass or registering for an In-person Event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TNW has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thenextweb.com/terms-and-conditions/
Conclusion of Agreement
3. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TNW for the purchase of a Pass. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name, email address and company name (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please inform us of any special access requirements at the time of the purchase of your Pass.
4. By submitting registration details, You agree to allow TNW to contact You as required for the organisation and administration of the In-person Event. If TNW cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data entered by You on the order form, TNW may cancel the reservation.
Number of Passes
5. TNW preserves the right to limit the number of Passes You can buy or reserve for an In-person Event. The maximum number of Passes You can buy per In-person Event is determined by TNW per In-person Event and will be published on the In-person Event page.
Payment Pass and registration fee
6. The prices for a Pass are listed on TNW with and without local VAT or local taxes, if applicable. Payment must be done in Euros.
7. You must pay the registration fee prior to the start of the In-person Event at the venue. TNW can ask for on the spot online payment in case no fees are received yet. There are no sales at the door of the venue.
8. When you register a Pass and choose the ‘pay later’ option, you’ll be obliged to pay the invoice within twenty-eight (28) days of the invoice date for any In-person Event;
9. TNW has the right to cancel your Pass when You don’t meet the payment deadline.
Transfer and Refund policy
10. If You are unable to attend the In-person Event You are allowed to transfer your Pass to a third party. You can transfer Your Pass to a third party by using the link that is provided in the confirmation email. TNW will not refund your Pass if You are unable to attend.
11. Please note that the Passes purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Passes for commercial gain (or any other breach of this term), TNW reserves the right to cancel the relevant Passes with immediate effect and without refund.
12. You are allowed to cancel the purchase of a Pass within fourteen (14) days after purchase by filling out this form https://tnw.typeform.com/to/x6ttWh. Passes purchased within a fourteen (14) days range from the In-person Event are non-refundable. Refunds are subject to a €50,- (fifty euro) processing fee.
Changes or cancellation of theIn-person Events
13. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the In-person Event. No refunds will be provided to You if the In-person Event is rescheduled.
14. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TNW reserves the right to cancel the In-person Event. A full refund will be provided to You if the In-person event is cancelled.
15. TNW reserves the right to make changes to the In-person Event if there is a justified reason to do so, for example if an In-person Event speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while In-person speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TNW may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the In-person Event speakers and/or topics. As such, TNW reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised In-person Event speakers and/or topics at any time without any liability to You whatsoever. No refunds will be provided to You if the In-Person Event is changed.
16. TNW is not responsible for any expenditure, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an In-person Event.
17. TNW maintains House Rules applicable to all attendees of an In-person Event, including You. These House Rules form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The House Rules can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://thenextweb.com/conference/code-of-conduct.
18. Aforementioned House Rules are also available at the In-person Event venue at the TNW information desk.
19. TNW preserves the right to refuse Your admission to the In-person Event for any behavior TNW deems unacceptable, or if You breach the Code of Conduct or breach any of the Terms and Conditions.
20. If You are under the age of 18 You are not allowed to visit the In-person Event venue before, during or after an In-person Event, unless permission is provided by TNW under the conditions set by TNW.
21. The possession of a Pass or admission to an In-person Event does not grant you permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TNW or any third party, such as other guests or speakers at an In-person Event.
22. An In-person Event may be filmed and recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees), and You must inform the photographer(s) at the In-person Event if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group footage or photographs.
23. TNW, and any third party licensed by TNW, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from an In-person Event, which may feature images of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
24. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
25. Without the express prior written permission of TNW, You may not bring any audio or video recording devices (except for personal cell phones) into the In-person Event.
Wristband and badge scanning
26. For security reasons and to allow access to the In-person Event, You must wear your In-person Event wristband and badge throughout the In-person Event. If your In-person Event wristband is lost, You will not be able to access the In-person Event anymore.
Attendance at an In-person Event and Liability
28. You are responsible for arranging an appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at an In-person Event.
29. TNW is solely liable towards You for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TNW’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Pass for the In-person Event.
31. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
32. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force thirty (30) days from the day they are announced via the Website.
Governing law & disputes
33. The Agreements between You and TNW, these Terms and Conditions, the Code of Conduct are exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
34. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the Code of Conduct will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.