Studies have shown that committing to a goal can help improve employee performance. More specifically, this research reveals that setting challenging and specific goals can further enhance employee engagement in accomplishing them. Objectives and key results (OKRs) is a framework for defining and tracking objectives and their outcomes.
Google was an early adopter of the OKR framework and still implements it throughout the company today, along with many other tech companies and startups.
Using this model will help you and your company to:
- Connect all team and individual goals to the overall goals of the company, creating better company alignment
- Be effective in setting clear and specific goals
- Manage achievement and execution with greater accountability and transparency
- Boost individuals' engagement and empowerment through your goal-setting process
- Increase insight and transparency across the organization
This session, on May 26th, will be led by Andreia dos Santos and Amhar Ford, and will combine a presentation with practical exercises, providing an introduction to the framework and theory of OKRs. It will also instruct you on how to implement this framework in your startup and take you through creating a first draft of your company OKRs.
- Andreia has always been passionate about problem solving, research, exchanging ideas and knowledge. Her curiosity led her on a learning path starting with Economics, passing through IT and getting a different view with Business Intelligence in an always evolving world of data and information, trying to increase her understanding in human choices. She is enthusiastic about creating insights and products that are data driven, user friendly, that also combine business and functional requirements. The goal is to take the most advantage of product, data and business knowledge in building a solution that creates value for Customers.
- Amhar is Dutch-British, raised in both countries, but has been based in the Netherlands for the past eight years. He started at Google Dublin ten years ago as a Sales Exec in what is now Google Cloud. Six years ago he moved into a technical consulting role in what is now Google Marketing Platform. He has lived, worked, and studied in five different countries and has a Master of Science degree from RSM Erasmus University Rotterdam. He is passionate about technology, the internet and how this impacts global affairs.