Looking to grow your company and expand internationally but need some experienced help doing so?
On April 15th, experts from KPMG Meijburg & Co will dive into several tax challenges scale-ups are generally facing. They've invited Bas Smeulders, Sendcloud's co-founder/COO, who'll share his experience with establishing Europe’s number 1 all-in-one shipping platform for e-commerce.
Taxes are one of the first attention points when starting and specifically scaling a business. What can I do with incurred VAT; How can I reward my employees; What do I need to know about 30%-rulings, tax compliance, and more?
KPMG believes that every department plays a role in and has to deal with tax queries (the HR department, finance managers, product developers, supply chain managers, and the C-level). During this session, Bas Smeulders, Co-founder and COO at Sendcloud will cover how Sendcloud has handled tax.
During this session, you'll get insight into:
- Why you should bother learning about tax within a startup/scale-up
- What are the basic tax items to be considered when obtaining funding from an investor
- Employee commitment planning: tax implications of various options to award employees with a share in the company (options, shares, SARs, etc.)
- International expansion: the tax question
- Bas Smeulders, Co-founder & COO at Sendcloud
- Max van de Ven, Partner at Meijburg & Co
- Wouter de Win, Senior Tax Manager at Meijburg & Co
- Martijn Helmonds, Senior Tax Manager at Meijburg & Co
KPMG launched KPMG Emerging Giants to support forward-thinking scaleups with their growth and international expansion. Their dedicated team provides hands-on support when it comes to your challenges around Tax, Finance and Risk & Compliance.