At TNW’s Fireside events, we highlight founders of successful companies, exquisite leaders, and investors who can share important insights that will help the next generation of founders and leaders.
For this edition, we'll be focusing on leadership in tech from the female perspective. Join us on March 8th to hear inspiring first-hand stories from female entrepreneurs on:
- How they managed to build thriving businesses
- What it takes to become a good leader & essential leadership skills you need to succeed
- The toughest decisions they’ve made as a leader
- Lessons learned and tips for future founders and leaders
Our guest speakers for this event are Diane Jankgnet, Founder of Wizenoze; Jacqueline van den Ende, former CEO at TrueMoney and Partner at Peak Capital; and Melissa Romero, Founder of Lean In Netherlands. Together, they'll discuss leadership in tech from the perspective of founders, investors, and leaders, making for a well-rounded and interesting discussion!
We’ll begin the event with a short introduction from our moderator for the evening, Youri Doeleman, Partner at Antler in the Netherlands, who'll explain how Antler is helping to build the next female leaders in tech. Following this introduction, we’ll move to a fireside chat with Diane, Jacqueline, and Melissa to dive into their experiences, moderated by Youri. Make sure to stick around following the panel: there'll be time at the end of the event for audience Q&A.
- 16:00 - 16:05: Welcoming Notes
- 16:05 - 16:45: Fireside chat
- 16:45 - 17:00: Q&A
- 17:00 Closing Remarks
- Diane Jankgnet, Founder, Wizenoze: Diane has been selected by Forbes for the ‘100 Women Founders In Europe To Follow in 2019’, is selected in April 2020 for the fastest Dutch Scale-up by the TechLeap Rise Program, got listed in Nov 2019 on the ‘Meaningful Business Leaders 100’, is mentioned as ‘The 20 Most Successful Businesswoman to Watch 2018’ by Insight Magazine, is a member of the Inspiring Fifty Group - a group of 50 Female leaders in the IT sector, won the title ‘Bad-Ass Female Entrepreneur 2018’ of Silicon Canals. Her company Wizenoze was featured as the only Dutch/British company in The Disrupt 100 list, is selected as “The top 10 Dutch companies to Watch in 2019” by Business Insider and was a finalist for ‘The Next Billion Edtech Prize’ at the Global Education Skills Forum in Dubai in 2019.
Diane is an ex-Microsoft executive who worked for Microsoft Netherlands between 1997 - 2012. In 2013 she founded the AI scale-up Wizenoze.
- Jacqueline van den Ende, Founder: During her studies, Jacqueline founded De Kleine Consultant. Subsequently she worked with HAL Investments and joined Rocket Internet as founder and CEO of real estate start up Lamudi in the Philippines. For the 2 years thereafter she was CEO of a fintech scale up TrueMoney. For the last 2 years she has been a partner at Peak Capital, investing in new high potential ventures and supporting them in their journey from startup to scaleup.
- Melissa Romero, Founder of Lean In Netherlands: Originally from Colombia, Melissa has 10+ years of experience at Procter & Gamble, building billion-dollar brands and leading complex businesses and teams. She worked in most categories including leading the €250M Gillette business for France and Benelux. She is also the founder of the Dutch NGO Lean In, advocating for a more equal society. Last November she joined Antler, where she has successfully launched her company Baubo.
- Youri Doeleman, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company: Youri is leading the charge to help build the next generation of entrepreneurs born out of Antler Amsterdam. As an Associate Partner at McKinsey & Company, he spent the last 7 years working on innovation and transformation programs with incumbents and startups in the private, public and social sectors - both across Europe and Latin America. Youri is adept in big-bang cosmology and has held various stints as a musician across Europe, Africa, Japan and Brazil.
- Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. In the last 2 years, Antler has made over 200 portfolio company investments across 30 industries and has opened offices across six continents and most major entrepreneurial hubs. The founders from their portfolio represent over 70 nationalities and 40% of those startups are led by female entrepreneurs. Several of these early-stage startups have since secured follow-on investment by top-tier VCs. Antler enables exceptional people to build impactful technology startups by building complementary co-founder teams, supporting the teams with deep business model validation, and providing a global platform for scaling their startups. Antler provides funding from day one to support founders building businesses that will positively impact local, national, and global economies.
- TNW is a global media brand that informs, inspires, and connects people who love tech through media, events, and spaces.
- Wizenoze brings structure in a world of information overload. Delivering the best educational information from the internet to learners of all ages, matched to any curriculum. To empower self-learning and better futures. Wizenoze is a vast, easily searchable digital library curated to be expansive, diverse, reliable, and safe. This brings out the best in students.