During this third CTO roundtable, we will focus on something that may appear pretty challenging for the majority of CTOs – the unpredicted, sudden growth of your business overnight.
Our host, Gerbert Oude Velthuis, invited Daniel Gebler, CTO of Picnic, the world’s fastest-growing online supermarket with over 350,000 customers in 125 cities in the Netherlands. Picnic experienced a sudden, 15x growth rate in users recently, and Daniel’s team was ready to handle the challenge.
Key topics include:
- How to get your product ready for the sudden growth of your business?
- How can your development team and business structure prepare for growth?
- How to secure the budget for such growth?
- How to hire the best talent for tech scaleups?
- What tools, metrics, and data are useful to predict growth?
- What is the role of dual leadership within the digital product teams?
- Gerbert Oude Velthuis, General Manager of The Software House Nederland, has over 25 years experience in several leadership positions. After working for an international IT company, where he built up several teams around the globe, Gerbert started his own software ventures.
- Daniel Gebler is the CTO of the world’s fastest-growing online supermarket that makes grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Previously, he was the Director R&D of Fredhopper, responsible for the product and technology roadmap, and led engineering teams located in Amsterdam and Sofia. Daniel holds a PhD in Computer Science and an MBA. He published papers, edited journals, and chaired international workshops on software correctness.
Roundtable Series are free events dedicated to C-level professionals and tech managers. They are hosted every month by Gerbert Oude Velthuis, who is joined by top European CTOs. These online meetings are designed to share ideas on current topics where anyone can come, ask a question and join the discussion with other tech specialists.