During the fourth CTO Roundtable, The Software House will discuss the role of motivation in digital products teams working remotely. This time, their host, Gerbert Oude Velthuis (CTO of Travelia, General Manager for NL at The Software House), will be joined by three guest speakers: Jago Philippens – Head of Engineering at TicketSwap; Matthew Knapp – Director Of Product Development at College H.U.N.K.S.; and Ilkka Auer – Transformative Digital Leader, Chief Digital Officer at Smartum.
Together, they will discuss the ways of motivating remote development teams. Why is it important and how to boost motivation in order to achieve better results?
Key topics include:
- What are the most efficient methods of motivating software development teams in the new, remote reality?
- How to avoid so-called “Zoom tiredness”?
- How to distinguish between people that like autonomy and ones who like to be more instructed?
- How to avoid micromanagement and still and still be sure that things will be delivered the way you want?
- What is the role of leadership and mastery in team motivation?
- Jago Philippens - Head of Engineering at TicketSwap - has a background in HR, linguistics, and Artificial Intelligence and focuses on strategic and tactical transformation management, as well as people management. He has worked with start-ups, scale-ups, as well as grown-ups, and strongly believes in bottom-up and middle-out ownership.
- Matthew Knapp – Director Of Product Development at College H.U.N.K.S - is Director of Product Development. Matthew provides strategic guidance for the organization and the advancement of all IT systems. He vehemently studies the customer journey and looks for out of the box ways to improve customer experience. Their development team handles customization of their platforms including APIs, web-based scheduling platform, and their proprietary mobile app. In 2019, he was fortunate enough to be recognized as a 2019 CIO of the Year honoree by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- Ilkka Auer – Transformative Digital Leader, Chief Digital Officer at Smartum - has more than 12 years of experience in digital services and e-commerce combined with a strong understanding of tech making him a versatile executive professional. He has been helping companies to build new digital services, improve business models and increase digital sales revenue. He has been working with companies ranging from start-ups to corporations like Microsoft and Kesko. He has also been lecturing at universities on service design and data analytics.
The CTO Roundtable Series are free events dedicated to C-level professionals and tech managers. They are hosted every month by Gerbert Oude Velthuis, CTO of Travelia and General Manager for TSH NL, who is joined by top European CTOs. These online meetings are designed to share ideas on current topics where anyone can come, ask a question and join the discussion with other tech specialists.