On 12th November, join AWS and TNW for a session on Machine Learning for startups. In this session, we’ll be hearing from Saar Safra, CEO and Co-founder of Beewise - a company that's revolutionizing the beekeeping industry with their use of AI and IOT to make robotic beehives. Saar will tell us about his startup journey - both from a business (founding) and technical perspective - and how he's used AI and IOT to update a 150-year-old process.
Following Saar’s story, we’ll take a look at how you can get started using ML and AI for your startup. AWS Solutions Architect, Nicolai van der Smagt, will walk through ML and AI on the AWS platform and share best practices here. Learn how to leverage insights from your data to make strategic business decisions, as well as more about the Go-To-Market mechanisms available for Startups at AWS.
- 10:00 - 10:15: Introduction
- 10:15 - 10:35: My AI/ML Story: Startup Journey
- 10:35 - 10:55: AI/ML Best Practices + How to get started on AWS
- 10:55 - 11:00: About TNW
- 11:00 - 11:15: Q&A
- Saar Safra is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO & Co-Founder of Beewise which offers AI-powered Robotic Beehives for the Beekeeping industry. Safra and his team have developed a comprehensive platform that allows autonomous upkeep of bees through the combination of IOT and AI. Hear from Saar about his startup's journey both from a business (founding) as well as tech perspective and read his Startup Blog here in preparation for the event. Bring along any founding questions.
- Anna C Mallon is a Senior Startup & Ecosystem BD Manager with Amazon Web Services. She has almost 20 years of experience transforming global start-up innovation, education and marketing businesses across Europe and Southeast Asia. As a former accelerator lead and founder, she has coached, trained or mentored close to 2000 startup founders/teams and corporate intrapreneurs to validate, launch and scale. As director and investor in Southeast Asia's first startup accelerator she contributed towards a portfolio of over 70 early stage technology startups worth USD 60m.
- Nicolai van der Smagt is a Senior Solutions Architect Solutions with Amazon Web Services. Nicolai is a technologist and leader with expertise across various disciplines. With focus and expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Nicolai is passionate about using technology to change our world for the better.
- Izzy Sayers is the Head of Partner Program & Events and TNW (spaces). Next to their renowned flagship events (TNW Conference) and international media brand, TNW has 3 curated tech spaces in Amsterdam for fast-growing companies and talent, with a year-round program designed to help the community grow both as companies and individuals. Together with TNW's partners, Izzy and her team curate & execute this program, bringing startups the right connections and expertise to take things to the next level.
- Amazon Web Services provides the foundation for your ambition, where capability and community come together to help you build and scale your dreams. From Airbnb to Zocdoc, the world's top startups build on AWS. But they didn't do it alone. So whether you need help solving a technical challenge, hiring the right engineers, or finalizing a fundraising round, we have all the resources to get started.
- TNW is a future-proof tech media company that focuses on people who take a special interest in technology and helps them get the most out of it by informing them through remarkable stories and insights, and by bringing them together through extraordinary events and workspaces.