Boris Veldhuijzen van ZantenFounder & board member, TNW
Boris is a serial entrepreneur who founded not only TNW, but also V3 Redirect Services (sold), HubHop Wireless Internet Provider (sold), and Boris is a serial entrepreneur who founded not only TNW, but also V3 Redirect Services (sold), HubHop Wireless Internet Provider (sold), and pr.co. Boris is very active on Twitter as @Boris and Instagram: @Boris.
Here is Garrett Camp’s keynote from The Next Web Conference 2008. After a short summary of the history of search – from directories, to algorithm, to social networks and social media – and types of search – page, query, image, visual, video, people, product and music – Garrett Camp shared some thoughts on the future:
- social search is on a roll
- collaborative annotation becomes more important: use tags!
- taming the wisdom of the crowds: expertise is more important than popularity.
- trust becomes more important than authority. You want to know the people who recommend stuff to you.
- search will adapt to the device you’re using.
Garrett Camp (Founder StumbleUpOn.com) at The Next Web Conference 2008 from Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten on Vimeo.
Werner Vogels (CTO Amazon)
Gil Penchina (wikia.com):
Adeo Ressi (TheFunded.com):
Khris Loux (js-kit.com):
Scott Rafer interviews Kevin Rose (Digg.com):
Nova Spivack “Making Sense of the Semantic Web”:
Leah Culver (Pownce): “Webapp in 5 steps”
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.