Here is Garrett Camp’s keynote from The Next Web Conference 2008. After a short summary of the history of search – from directories, to algorithm, to social networks and social media – and types of search – page, query, image, visual, video, people, product and music – Garrett Camp shared some thoughts on the future:
- social search is on a roll
- collaborative annotation becomes more important: use tags!
- taming the wisdom of the crowds: expertise is more important than popularity.
- trust becomes more important than authority. You want to know the people who recommend stuff to you.
- search will adapt to the device you’re using.
Werner Vogels (CTO Amazon)
Scott Rafer interviews Kevin Rose (Digg.com):
Nova Spivack “Making Sense of the Semantic Web”:
Leah Culver (Pownce): “Webapp in 5 steps”