Courtney Boyd Myers
Courtney Boyd Myers is the founder of audience.io, a transatlantic company designed to help New York and London based technology startups gr Courtney Boyd Myers is the founder of audience.io, a transatlantic company designed to help New York and London based technology startups grow internationally. Previously, she was the Features Editor and East Coast Editor of TNW covering New York City startups and digital innovation. She loves magnets + reading on a Kindle. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter @CBM and Google +.
This is the 13th of a weekly series, in which every week, we’ll look at five social media tools and platforms that have created some buzz over the last week. As usual, we’ve tracked down some great tools that can help you and your business do more in this ever evolving space.
This week’s edition includes a great new social ‘doing’ tool and some other gems worth checking out.
We’ve also managed not to mention Facebook at all…until the very end!
1. ‘Stash the good stuff’ with new web app start-up Pistash.io – There’s been a lot of talk about categorising your content into ‘watch’, ‘read’ and ‘listen’ and you actually get these options (and a few more) with Pistash.io. This might even help you plan your social life with its ‘see and do’ feature. Go play now!
2. The web most underrated bookmarking and sharing tool gets a makeover – Trunk.ly is incredible. It aggregates all of your links from as many social media profiles as you like. And, it also gives you access to you what your friends are sharing. It has had a little design makeover this week and might help it become as popular as it is useful.
3. Make your video content even more impactful withYouTube 3D – YouTube quietly announced three changes this week which further establishes it as a place to edit content as well as just uploading to its platform. One of the big changes was the introduction of 3D mode which you can find out more about here.
4. Get under the skin of sites you don’t own with UnderTheSite.com – Have you ever wondered what platform or template a certain website is using? Or, have you ever wanted to know which analytics system is attached to a site you don’t own? This is your answer. Go play!
5. Find out where your Facebook friends are before you travel with Twalaba.com – The merging of search and social is on show here thanks to Twalaba.com which not only helps you find flights and holidays based on your profile but also hands out rewards the more you travel. Check out the about page for more.
This week’s bonus links include console.fm (streaming music site), photofeed.pixable.com (a Facebook photos viewing app) and SlideStaxx.com (a nifty presentation tweaking tool).
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.