Bryan ClarkFormer Managing Editor, TNW
Bryan is a freelance journalist. Bryan is a freelance journalist.
“I’m still waiting on my job at Spotify… Cuz I know y’all loved my playlist,” riffed Obama at an intimate White House reception last week. He didn’t have to wait long.
Call it a hunch, but a new job listing on Spotify’s website seems like a perfect fit. CEO Daniel Ek just so happened to have a role the President seems qualified for: President of Playlists. Ek took to Twitter to make the listing known to the departing President before he leaves office in a few days.
Who you are:
- Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
- Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
- Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
- Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
- A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny
- Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
That’s a pretty specific list of wants. I can’t, for the life of me, figure out who might meet such stringent criteria.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.