Alex Wilhelm is a San Francisco-based writer. You can find Alex on Twitter, and on Facebook. You can reach Alex via email at [email protected] Alex Wilhelm is a San Francisco-based writer. You can find Alex on Twitter, and on Facebook. You can reach Alex via email at [email protected]
Not big on the Surface RT tablet and the Windows RT operating system? Want some complete Windows 8 action? Well, Samsung has a number of devices up for pre-sale today that may excite your inner wallet.
Today, the company began to accept pre-orders for its line of Windows 8 machines, which will become available on October 26th. Why that date? That’s the very moment in which Windows 8 itself makes the mark called ‘General Availability.’ It’s the go moment, essentially.
If you want a Windows 8 computer, Samsung likely has you covered. According to its official press release – which you can find a cached copy of here – the company has no fewer than seven distinct products across several lines to support the Windows 8 market.
Ultrabook running Windows 8? Check. Ultrabook running Windows 8 with a touchscreen? Yep! Tablets? Yes. Convertibles? Naturally. I don’t want to drown you in details, but here is the mix of devices that Samsung has prepared for Windows 8’s big day [Note, we are using their Samsung-sanctioned official, full names below]:
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T
- Samsung Series 5 Ultra Touch
- Samsung Series 7 All-In-One
- Samsung Series 5 All-In-One
- Samsung Series 7 Notebook
- Samsung Series 9 Premium Ultrabook
If you are keeping a longer score, that Series 9 notebook is the current model of the older Series 9 that TNW all but drooled over some time past. As Ultrabooks went, we reviewed, it was the cream of the crop.
Expect a slew of updates from other OEMs in the next few days as they scramble to meet the gauntlet toss that Microsoft unveiled this morning in the form of its Surface device lineup. That tablet will begin at $499, without a ‘snappable’ keyboard, which cost between $119 and $129, if not purchased with a Surface device.
What will the Samsung crop cost? We happen to have just that information:
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T = $749.99
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T = $1,199.99
- Samsung Series 5 Ultra Touch: Intel® Core™ i3: $809.99; Intel® Core™ i5: $859.99
- Samsung Series 7 All-In-One: 27-inch: $1,699.99; 23.6-inch: $1,099.99
- Samsung Series 5 All-In-One: $799.99
- Samsung Series 7 Notebook: $1,099.99
- Samsung Series 9 Premium Ultrabook: Starting at $1,299.99
Naturally, those are the MSRP figures.
Start your watches, the launch day for Windows 8 is now less than 10 days ahead of us. Expect the chaos to only intensify.
Top Image Credit: opopododo
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.