The last time that we talked about Rounds, we told you about the company’s mind-blowing API and said that it was “video chat done right”. We still stick by these ideas, and we’re even more excited to see Rounds coming into the Facebook world.
According to a press release, Rounds is answering the call of a growing sector that has a rising interest in video chat. Clearly, there’s no better place to do that than on the site where 500 million of your friends already have an account.
So, for Facebook members, you can now do video chat via the Rounds Facbook application. But it’s not just video chat. Here are the details:
- Enjoy high-quality video chats with no download requirements
- Take snapshots of themselves and share it on Facebook
- Jointly browse Facebook’s Profiles, photos and friends
- Watch YouTube videos together
- Play real-time multi-user social games
- Collaborate on virtual whiteboards
- Co-browse with Google Maps
- Dare each other in online Truth or Dare
Pretty slick stuff, if you’re asking us. So give it a shot and let us know what you think about the new Rounds video chat on Facebook. We’d love your feedback.