It’s finally live and the speculation can end. You can now go grab OS X maintenance update 10.6.5 from the Software Update via your System Preferences.
So what has changed in 10.6.5? According to the release notes, there’s nothing major but it should resolve some annoyances that you might have run into. Most interestingly, there’s no mention of AirPrint in this update, adding fuel to the rumors of AirPrint support for OS X and Windows getting pushed back even further. For the details on that, see our post here.
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5