Mic WrightReporter, TNW
Mic Wright is a journalist specialising in technology, music and popular culture. He lives in Dublin. He is on Twitter at @brokenbottleboy. Mic Wright is a journalist specialising in technology, music and popular culture. He lives in Dublin. He is on Twitter at @brokenbottleboy.
With Christmas looming on the horizon like a big fat man in a red suit trying to stuff himself down a chimney, there’s every chance you were offline over the weekend.
If you did have your eyes trained on last minute gifts and not tech news, don’t worry – here’s our Monday roundup of what went on this weekend…
In the news:
- TVTag, the social television service, pulled the plug
- The FBI blamed North Korea for the Sony Pictures hack
- Hollywood pressured the FAA to allow movie set drones [Washington Post]
- Why holiday beards beat ugly Christmas sweaters
- The rise of Pakistan’s startup ecosystem
- How material design improves multitasking
- TNW’s Apps of the Year: 7 Minute Workout
- How Path Talk will change your life
- YouTube’s boss on the future of video [New York Times]
- 3 ways to tell whether your metrics are tricking you
- 40 free resources every designer should know
- How to consistently raise your bar for success
More ways to stay up to date: Subscribe to our newsletters or Like our Facebook Page.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.