Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
Monday morning is upon us once again and the weekend is a quickly fading memory – but don’t worry, we’ve got a booster pack of all the best tech news from the last two days to get your week going.
All you need to do is clear a little time in your schedule, make yourself a coffee and check out the list below.
You can thank us when you’re finished.
News from The Next Web
- Millions of adulterers could be exposed as cheaters’ social network Ashley Madison faces data breach
- Microsoft reportedly acquires cloud security firm Adallom for $320 million
- PocketRocket helps you slim down your Pocket account by emailing and archiving articles
- Google updates Play Books for Android with UI tweaks and improved recommendations
- Facebook’s Oculus partners with Felix & Paul Studios to craft VR experiences for its Rift launch
- Over 4.5m records exposed as UCLA Health and CVS Health’s photo service hacked
- Microsoft is adding party chat, game footage sharing and more to its Xbox One app for Windows 10
- Apple’s iPod Nanos and Shuffles reportedly won’t sync Apple Music songs
- Rejoice! Spam rate hits 12-year low
- Yahoo files with SEC to spin off its shares of Alibaba into a new public company
Good reads, features, reviews, deals
- Why we expanded our startup to South Korea
- 11 of the most helpful communities on Reddit
- The connected home needs HomeKit and Project Brillo as soon as possible
- Code school or university?
- The start of a new career? Get 88% off the Network Engineer’s Learning Bundle
- Meeting culture needs to die
- 5 ways being wrong makes you right
- This 4K video of Iceland is flippin’ gorgeous
- Why Y Combinator alum Themidgame is heading back to Chile
- 10 Photoshop alternatives offer powerful editing and photo management controls
- How to make a living with WordPress
- No one wants to protect your privacy
- Engineers meet artists: Discover the startup ecosystem in Bristol and Bath
From beyond The Next Web
- Ad tech is killing the online experience [The Guardian]
- The No Hands Syndrome [AVC.com]
- At Zappos, Pushing Shoes and a Vision [The New York Times]
Want more? Make sure to subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.