Martin SFP BryantFounder
Martin Bryant is founder of Big Revolution, where he helps tech companies refine their proposition and positioning, and develops high-qualit Martin Bryant is founder of Big Revolution, where he helps tech companies refine their proposition and positioning, and develops high-quality, compelling content for them. He previously served in several roles at TNW, including Editor-in-Chief. He left the company in April 2016 for pastures new.
If you found it possible to put down your phone, switch off your computer, hide your tablet and have some good old fashioned offline time this weekend, well done – but here’s what you missed.
We’ve included a roundup of the news and good reads from The Next Web and beyond.
In the news
- Evernote resets all passwords after intrusion: User data accessed, but payment details untouched
- Popular jailbreak software Cydia hits 14m monthly users on iOS 6, 23m on all devices
- Google listing shows Google Play gift cards are UK-bound, will come in £10, £25, £50 denominations
- Nokia’s comeback suffers a blow as it is dropped from the Euro Stoxx 50 Index
- Google tests data compression proxy feature to speed up Chrome for Android, like Opera Turbo and Amazon Silk
- LG notches 10 million sales of LTE smartphones, aims to double the figure in 2013
- Microsoft appears to aim for another holiday-season firmware update to Windows Phone
- Microsoft is working to fix the Windows Phone 7.8 Live Tile freezing issue
- CISPA sponsors see forward movement for their cybersecurity bill
- TNW interviews author and consumer advocate Doc Searls
- How to let go of your killer thing that didn’t kill
- How your business could learn from Chaos Monkey
- UltraViolet, comic books and the rise of digital download codes as a second market
- Bangalore brings India’s startup ecosystem into the limelight, but how exactly is it faring?
Interesting stories from beyond The Next Web
- The age of the brag is over: why Facebook might be losing teens [The Verge]
- Disruptions: As User Interaction on Facebook Drops, Sharing Comes at a Cost [New York Times]
- Other Reasons Nick Bilton Seeing FB Decline [Elapsed Time: Hunter Walk]
- There Was That Whole Internet Thing, Too [TechCrunch]
- Steve Mann: My “Augmediated” Life – What I’ve learned from 35 years of wearing computerized eyewear [IEEE Spectrum]
Image credit: Thinkstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.