In the rare case when a hardcore gamer does indeed have to stand up and leave the house, sometimes we can get that feeling of separation anxiety. If this matches you, and you also happen to carry an iPhone, today’s a good day because Microsoft has just released the My Xbox Live app for your iOS device.
It’s not quite as in-depth (understandably) as what we’re seeing on Windows Phone devices, but Xbox’s Major Nelson does give us a rundown of what we will have:
- Read and send messages to friends
- Manage your friends list, invite new friends
- Read and Edit your full LIVE profile (name, bio, motto)
- Change your avatar features/items with the avatar closet
- View and compare your achievement progress with friends
The app seems to be very well done. A step up, even from the somewhat-mediocre offering of the iOS Game Center. Granted, we’re talking about two entirely different platforms, but the apps themselves are at least an apples to apples comparison.
At any rate, it’s free, and it does what it says on the box. That’s a good combination. So get downloading and let us know your thoughts in the comments. Oh, but it’s worth noting that you’ll need to accept the terms of service for Xbox Live in order to log in.
➤ My Xbox Live, via the App Store