Emil was a reporter for The Next Web between 2012 and 2014. Over the years, he has covered the tech industry for multiple publications, incl Emil was a reporter for The Next Web between 2012 and 2014. Over the years, he has covered the tech industry for multiple publications, including Ars Technica, Neowin, TechSpot, ZDNet, and CNET. Stay in touch via Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Microsoft plans to open 11 new specialty retail stores in May, but only in the US. The new information comes by the means of a Facebook event posted earlier this week, as spotted by WinBeta. Here are the new locations and their respective opening days:
- North Point Mall – Alpharetta, GA (May 3).
- The Oaks – Thousand Oaks, CA (May 13).
- Park Place – Tucson, AZ (May 13).
- Jordan Creek Town Center – Des Moines, IA (May 13).
- FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, CO (May 15).
- North Star Mall – San Antonio, TX (May 15).
- Westroads Mall – Omaha, NE (May 15).
- The Mall in Columbia – Columbia, MD (May 17).
- The Maine Mall – S Portland, ME (May 17).
- Mall of Louisiana – Baton Rouge, LA (May 17).
- Boise Towne Square – Boise, ID (May 17).
The company’s ‘specialty’ stores are smaller Microsoft Store installations that sell a wide array of Microsoft products (Windows Phones, Surfaces, and Xbox consoles), but don’t include everything. If a location proves itself, Microsoft transitions some of its Specialty stores into permanent full-line stores that hold all its products.
Update on May 19: Some of the above dates are no longer accurate. Microsoft sent four new dates to TNW, as listed below.
- North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX (June 5).
- Mall of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA (June 5).
- The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD (June 12).
- The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, CA (June 12).
Image Credit: Don Emmert/Getty Images
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.