Last year, the company had launched a WhatsApp bot along with MyGov — a digital portal to get information about government services — to spread more details about the coronavirus pandemic. Now, it is using the same bot to include info about vaccines and centers. Here’s how you can use it:
- Text “Hi” to 9013151515 on WhatsApp, or use this link to launch the chatbot.
- Once the bot responds with the menu, send 1 — that’s for finding info about COVID vaccination centers and authentic info about vaccines.
- Send 1 again to find center details.
- Type the six-digit pin code of your area.
- You’ll get a reply with your nearest centers, along with slots available and the age limit applicable for that center.
Once you find the info about the vaccination center, you’ll have to log in to the government-run CoWin website to book your slot to get a dose. In case if you don’t use WhatsApp, its parent company Facebook is also launching a tool to find a center in your area soon. Alternatively, you can use this special tool to find an open slot for people in the 18-45 age bracket.