Bit.ly, my URL shortener of choice have kindly created a little Google gadget which makes it nice and easy to shorten URL’s you’re about to insert into a gmail email. This keeps your emails nice and clean but also ensure that long url’s don’t end up broken once they arrive in your recipients inbox.
- Go to Settings > Labs
- Scroll down to the very bottom and click the radio button to enable “Add any gadget by URL”
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page
- You should now have a gadgets tab at the top of the settings page. Click it.
- In the “Add a gadget by its URL:” box paste this link:
- Click “add” and you’re done.