Roberto Baldwin was a reporter for The Next Web in San Francisco between April 2014 and March 2015. Roberto Baldwin was a reporter for The Next Web in San Francisco between April 2014 and March 2015.
Maybe we won’t be as quick to update this time.
Apple is rolling out iOS 8.0.2 to iOS device. You can update now or wait. After yesterday, it might be better to wait. Just in case. Apple says the update will fix the issue brought on by the iOS 8.0.1 update yesterday that killed cell service and TouchID.
To update your device head to Settings>General>Software Update.
Besides fixing yesterday’s update, here is what Apple says iOS 8.0.2 will do:
- Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
- Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
- Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
- Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
It’s pretty much everything that iOS 8.0.1 was supposed to fix but with less iPhone crippling. According to an Apple statement provided to Business Insider, fewer than 40,000 iPhones were affected by the iOS 8.0.1 update yesterday.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.