Jay Swingler, 22 from Wolverhampton, attempted the dangerous prank for a YouTube video with his co-star, Rommel Henry, but after his breathing tube became blocked, was forced to seek the assistance of the emergency services. You can watch the video above.
After it became clear Swingler — who stubbonly continues to breathe the same air as us — was having difficulties breathing, his friends attempted to dismantle the microwave and remove the cement with limited success, forcing them to call 999.
In addition to placing his life at risk, Swingler also wasted the time of the already-overstretched emergency services. At least five firefighters and one ambulance attended the incident.
Afterwards, an obviously-irate West Midlands Fire Service tweeted: “We’re seriously unimpressed. Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been ‘cemented’ inside a microwave oven.”
We're seriously unimpressed 😡.
Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been 'cemented' inside a microwave oven. Read more: https://t.co/6bZReGuKQX (Photos © West Midlands Fire Service) pic.twitter.com/2ch2UhszeH
— West Midlands Fire (@WestMidsFire) December 7, 2017
Unfortunately, YouTube practically encourages this type of dangerous exhibitionism. At the time of writing, TGFbro’s video had been viewed nearly a million times since it was published on Thursday afternoon, and it is monetized. He’ll likely earn several hundred dollars from this prank, which was profoundly risky and wasted public funds.
After the stung, Swingler (whose next prank hopefully involves a bubble bath and a toaster) said he’d “never appreciated life so much, ever.”
He also implored his viewers to not repeat what he did. Although that didn’t stop him uploading the footage, complete with dramatic music, to his channel.
P.S. Jokes aside, we don’t actually want this YouTuber to die, but this was monumentally stupid