If you spent the weekend socialising with friends, playing in the park with your family, taking care of that fence panel you’d been promising you’d fix for a month or doing any of the million other things people do to celebrate a weekend, then there’s a pretty good chance that you missed the biggest news and features in tech.
Fear not though, we’ve got a handy list of the best stories from the last two days, so you won’t get caught out at the virtual water cooler. All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, clear 10 minutes in your schedule and peruse the links below.
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
You can thank us at the end.
News from The Next Web
- Comcast launches a new streaming TV service to take on Sling TV
- Love ‘Adventure Time’? You’ll love the ‘Conversation Parade’ podcast
- OS X 10.11 and iOS 9 now prefer IPv6 for connections
- FTC mulls investigation into Apple’s 30% cut of streaming music subscriptions on App Store
- Uber resumes credit card payments in India
- Gamee is a new social network for casual gamers
- Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has died at 55
- Grids for Instagram desktop app arrives on Windows
- Template Stash is a home for hand-picked free website templates
- Asus’ Zen Pad S is available now in the US
- Apple’s watchOS 2 may make your current Apple Watch stand obsolete
Good reads, features, distractions, deals
- Why Android and Windows should embrace RAW photography before Apple catches up
- Do you sleep with your smartphone on the nightstand?
- How to leave your desk behind
- San Francisco housing, inflated by tech money, is in trouble
- How to find the perfect remote working setup for you
- The truth about blogging on Medium
- Get 94% off the Learn to Code 2015 course bundle
- 6 reasons why exercise can supercharge your productivity
- The power of free
- Meet the companies ‘Uberfying’ America’s private jet market
Beyond The Next Web
- The New Reddit C.E.O.’s Many Challenges [The New York Times]
- Get ahead in Silicon Valley: take nootropic brain drugs [The Guardian]
- Caspar Bowden, European Privacy Advocate, Dies at 53 [The Wall Street Journal]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.