If the algorithms are all working right, then Google+’s “unofficial statistician” Paul Allen believes that Google+ now has over 43 million users. Allen, whose name you might know as being the founder of Ancestry.com has a method whereby he estimates the total number of users on Google+ based upon uncommon surnames.
In the past, according to PlusHeadlines, Allen has been startlingly accurate:
- July 4th – 1.7 million users
- July 9th – 4.5 million users
- July 12 – 10 million users
- September 9th – 28.7 million users
- September 22nd – 43.4 million users
This post is part of our contributor series. The views expressed are the author's own and not necessarily shared by TNW.