Startup accelerator scheme Propeller, based at the Dublin City University Ryan Academy in Ireland, has announced the first six companies that will be taking part in its three-month, intensive mentor-led programme.
The list consists of five Irish startups and one from the UK.
- Associate Mobile: Creator of MobileMinder, a parental supervision platform for mobiles.
- Fantom: Aims to be the premier provider of social media software for fan-based websites. Currently operating iCitizen, a “Social media for politics” site, it is looking to move into other areas.
- GreenEgg Technologies: R&D company focused on the green tech and clean tech sectors. Propeller says “They develop innovative eco-friendly products for a range of applications and their research focuses on the development of products that enable the smart and efficient operation of technology.”
- HealthComms: Developer of Equinewatch, as service for the continuous remote monitoring of animals. The system slerts owners when unusual events such as isolation, agitation or temperature variation occur.
- Simple LifeForms: Online games development, publishing and consultancy firm working on platforms including Facebook, iPhone and iPad.
- Vendorshop: Service to help businesses sell products on Facebook via a social shopping cart app. Currently powers 15,000 stores worldwide.
Propeller will culminate with a demo day for investors on 6 May.