“I’m still waiting on my job at Spotify… Cuz I know y’all loved my playlist,” riffed Obama at an intimate White House reception last week. He didn’t have to wait long.
Call it a hunch, but a new job listing on Spotify’s website seems like a perfect fit. CEO Daniel Ek just so happened to have a role the President seems qualified for: President of Playlists. Ek took to Twitter to make the listing known to the departing President before he leaves office in a few days.
Who you are:
- Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
- Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
- Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
- Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
- A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny
- Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
That’s a pretty specific list of wants. I can’t, for the life of me, figure out who might meet such stringent criteria.
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.