Adobe today updated its Photoshop Touch app for Android and iOS to version 1.3. You can grab it now from the official Apple App Store and the Google Play store. The app is $9.99 but this update and all future ones are free.
First let’s do iOS, since it has arguably the most noteworthy update: Retina support for the new iPad. Those with the third generation iPad should see a significant improvement in image quality, as well as in the actual app: the interface and text are also more crisp. Adobe says “it was no easy task to get such a complex app like Photoshop Touch to work with the Retina display” so that’s probably why the update took so long to arrive.
“75% of European digital ecosystem is present at #TNW2018”
Are you doing business in Amsterdam in May?
The iPad aside, Photoshop Touch for iOS can now work with print-resolution images up to 12 megapixels in size, with up to 16 full-size layers in a single file. The ability to work with multiple layers is nothing new, but at such a high resolution, it’s quite the feat. The default resolution is now 4.2 megapixels with 10 layers. For Android, the maximum resolution has been increased to 2048 x 2048 pixels, although the default is still 1600 x 1600 pixels.
Here’s what’s left from the iOS app changelog:
- Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize.
- Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker.
- New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap).
- New pixel nudging mode for precise movements.
- Support for Apple Photo Stream.
Here’s what’s left from the Android app changelog:
- Automatic synchronization with Creative Cloud.
- Available in 6 languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian).
- Added export to PSD and PNG via Camera Roll or email.
- Improved rotate and flip image workflow.
- Added two new Tutorials.
- Added four new Effects (Watercolor Paint, HDR Look, Soft light and Soft Skin).
Oh, and then there’s the usual bug fixes and other improvements. What are you waiting for? Get drawing!
Image credit: stock.xchng