Last week we let you in on a secret, beta invite opportunity for GetGlue for Android. In speaking with GetGlue yesterday, the response was overwhelming to say the least.
Today, GetGlue, a social network for entertainment, which now receives over 5 million unique ratings and check-ins for shows, movies, music and books every month, have just released GetGlue for Android to everyone, in addition to launching a new mobile site, revealing new partnerships and the opportunity for everyone to get new stickers!
Get it here: http://getglue.com/apps
The main features of the GetGlue Android App include:
- Check-in to tv shows, movies, music, games, and books
- Share check-ins with your Twitter and Facebook friends
- See what your friends are currently watching, reading or listening to
- Earn leaderboard points and get stickers from GetGlue and major brands
- Rate lists of popular shows, movies, music and books
- Get suggestions for weekly new releases and old favorites picked just for you
- Take your favorite entertainment and suggestions with you everywhere
According to GetGlue, the Android app was created using using Titanium – a cross-platform development environment that radically simplifies building mobile apps.
GetGlue wasn’t content with simply launching an Android version of their app. GetGlue is also launching a light-weight mobile web site: http://getglue.com/mobile. The site allows users of Blackberry, Windows Mobile and other platforms that do not yet have a native GetGlue app to Check-in to your favorite shows, movies, music, books and more, see the activity streams for your friends and everyone on GetGlue and check and reply to your messages.
But wait, there’s more! GetGlue has also announced new stickers from existing partners, as well as new partners, including; Revision3, HBO, Showtime, Barnes and Noble, Universal, Thrillist, FEARNet and TV Squad.
- Revision3: Geek dream come true – the fan stickers for all top Revision3 shows are here. We also have some secret stickers for Beer, Kevin Rose and Veronica Belmont.
- HBO: When HBO launched stickers for True Blood, Entourage and Hung, fans loved them for their bold look and edgy names. Today, HBO is announcing a set of HBO personality stickers. To earn these, fans need to like various shows, characters and stars.
- Showtime: Showtime is back on with the premier of Weeds and Big C. We are delighted to offer exclusive stickers for these shows. The new Weeds secret stickers are sure to delight the fans of Botwin family, with their provocative colors and themes.
- Other partners: Barnes and Noble fans can now get a sticker for their favorite book store and also a special sticker for Nook. Since Friday, many of our users have already earned a new sticker from Universal for check-ing to Scott Pillgrim movie. We are also delighted to announce exclusive stickers for fans of Thrillist, FEARNet and TV Squad.
These and other stickers are available in both digital and physical form. After the users earns several stickers, you can order free physical copies by logging into GetGlue.com.
Today’s announcements from GetGlue further demonstrate the popularity of the service, now available across multiple platforms.
The grand appearance of GetGlue for Android:
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.