Apple has updated its dedicated Podcasts app with the ability to keep subscriptions up to date between iOS devices using iCloud.
When the app was initially released, we mentioned that we liked the general look and feel, but it was evident that there was work yet to be done to get it working the way it should. The addition of iCloud sync and sorting of episodes continues the trend of Apple catching up with stuff that should have been done before Podcasts was shipped.
Here are the updates:
- Automatically keep your podcast subscriptions up-to-date between devices using iCloud
- A new setting to choose to automatically download new episodes only when on Wi-Fi
- A new setting to choose whether to play episodes by oldest to newest or newest to oldest
- Pull to refresh a subscription to check for new episodes on iOS 6
- Additional performance and stability improvements