Here’s everything you need to know in one handy list.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
A completely refreshed, cheaper laptop lineup. Available immediately.
- There’s now just one Macbook costing $999 / £749. 2GB RAM, 160GB, 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 802.11n wi-fi
- 3 MacBook Pros: a new 13″ version starting from £899, a 15″ from £1299 and a 17″ for £1849 – all MacBook Pros now have SD Card slots and built-in, non-removable long-life batteries.
- The Macbook Air is cheaper now, costing £1149 for the SATA drive version and the SSD version is down to £1349
OSX Snow Leopard is available from September with an upgrade price of a mere $29.
- -Despite claiming it would have “No New Features” last year, Apple has decided under-the-hood tweaks aren’t enough and are rolling out some sexy new ideas in the new OS.
- Support for Exchange servers in Mail, Calendar and Address Book
- Exposé built into the dock (making switching between apps easier).
- The OS now takes up much less space, freeing up 6GB once you install.
A new version of Quicktime caled Quicktime X.
- It’s got a much improved interface.
- Videos can be edited with a new visual timeline and uploaded via email or to MobileMe or Youtube straight from the app.
Safari 4 is out of Beta.
- It’s reportedly much faster than even Chrome
- You can download it now here.
iPhone 3.0 software
- They covered the already known improvements again (MMS, cut and paste, push notifications etc) but added….
- A brilliant Find My iPhone service for MobileMe subscribers. It’ll show your iPhone on a map, you can make it put out a sound (even in Silent mode) to help find it, you can send a message to display on its screen (e.g., “Give it back, thief!”) and even wipe the phone completely if you think it’s lost for good.
- MMS won’t be available on AT&T straight away. Americans will have to wait til late Summer for that. Everyone else should be fine from release.
- 3.0 software will be available from June 17th – free on the iPhone, $9.99 for the iPod Touch.
Turn-by-Navigation is coming
- Including Tom Tom, with dashmounted kit to charge your iPhone and use the iPod app while you drive and take directions.
The new iPhone is called the iPhone 3G S
- S stands for ‘Speed’. It has 7.2mbps HSDPA data
- It looks the same as the iPhone 3G, available in Black and White versions.
- It has a 3MP camera with 30 FPS video recording and editing capabilities. Upload by Email or to Youtube or MobileMe from the device.
- Voice commands are available, from “Call John Smith” to “Play a song by Fiery Furnaces”.
- It’s got a digital compass built in.
- It’s available for $199 (16GB version) and $299 (32GB version) from 19th June.
The original iPhone 3G is down to $99
- The 8GB version only, mind.
Read next: What do you do for Christopher Swain?