Reuters reports that Nokia has just launched the N97 in Barcelona today. The new machine is Nokia’s answer to the iPhone, Sony Ericsson’s X1 and HTC’s Touch Pro and every other touchscreen smart phone that beat them to the market.
It would be easy to dismiss the whole thing but Nokia did sell 15 million N95s so you never know.
“We're hunting for awesome startups”
Run an early-stage company? We're inviting 250 to exhibit at TNW Conference and pitch on stage!
We found some tech specs on Crunchgear…
- Size: 117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9 mm* *18.25 mm at camera area
- Weight: Approx. 150 g
- Memory: Up to 48GB (32 GB on-board memory, plus 16GB expansion via microSD memory card slot)
- Display: 3.5 inch TFT with up to 16 million colors nHD 16:9 widescreen (640×360 pixels)
- Talk time: Up to 320 min (3G), 400 min (GSM)
- Standby time: Up to 400 hrs (3G), 430 hrs (GSM)
- Video playback: Up to 4.5 hours (offline mode)
- Music playback: Up to 37 hours (offline mode)
- Image capture: Up to 5 megapixels (2584 x 1938) JPEG/EXIF (16.7 million/24-bit color)
…and Engadget has just posted what apears to be the first ‘hands-on’ video of the N97:
Will this really become an iPhone killer? I think we can rule the Blackberry Storm out by now and Android is cool but too techy for most. Maybe Nokia stands a chance? What do you think? Anyone considering buying one of these?
Read next: "hitlernoobs" and World War II